We know some PRETTY cool chefs. We got to chill with fly guy Elijah and he made us a coconut cheesecake while sharing a story we can all resonate with. Culinarians are more than chefs, they're dreamers, leaders and most of all they're makers of beautiful things.
Check out the good times and recipe below;
- 333 (12 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of lime juice freshly squeezed
- 355ml(15 ounces) coconut cream
- 1/2 cups of condensed milk
- 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 5 full eggs
- 3 tablespoons of vanilla extract or one vanilla bean
- Pinch of salt
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 4 cups of graham cracker
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 springform pan (9-12 inches)
- Kitchen Aid or Hand Blender
- Bring cream cheese and butter to room temperature
- Cut cream cheese into cubes for proper mixture with hand blender or kitchen aid mixer.
- While cream cheese is mixing, add coconut cream, condensed milk, eggs, brown sugar until creamy then add lime juice.
- Mix for 3-4 minutes till smooth then add 3 tablespoons of vanilla extract or one vanilla bean while mixing then add a pinch of salt.
- Let mixture, mix for 6-8 minutes.
- Take the graham cracker crust, brown sugar, and melted butter and mix all at once.
- Place graham cracker crust into oiled or sprayed spring form pan.
- Back in the oven for 5-10 minutes
- Let graham cracker cool. Cool? Alright cool.
- Then add cream cheese mixture into the pan.
- Take another pan or deep container for water bath for a quicker and less cracked cheesecake.
- After 45 min with cheesecake under the water bath.
- Turn off oven and leave oven door ajar for 20 min to continue cooking process.
- Then take the cheesecake out of the oven and place it on a counter or flat surface for 20 minutes for cooling purposes.
- Then put the cheesecake in the fridge for 5-6 hours for the cheesecake to set.
Plate it and please, make it look sexy.